Here come the best happy veterans day facts 2021 for us to celebrate veterans day on 11 November 2021 with our family, friends, and veterans to pay tribute to veterans of the country and honor them for their bravery in the war fields. these Facts about Veterans Day will give you all the interesting information you need to know about veterans.
happy veterans day facts 2021
so without a do ,lets drool over the list of some awesome veterans facts guys, right below
Facts about Veterans by the Numbers to know on happy veteran’s day
There were 21.9 million military veterans in the U.S. in 2009. Of those:
1.5 million were female.
2.3 million were black.
1.1 million were Hispanic.
9.2 million were 65 and older, according to 2008 figures.
1.9 million were younger than 35, in 2008.
Veterans by the War
Thirty-five percent of all living veterans served during the Vietnam War. In 2009, there were:
7.6 million Vietnam-era veterans. (1964-1975)
4.5 million Gulf War veterans. (August 1990 to present)
2.3 million World War II veterans. (1941-1945)
2.7 million veterans of the Korean War. (1950-1953)
47,000 veterans of both the Vietnam and Gulf War eras.
happy veterans day facts on Veterans in the Work Force
9.8 million veterans were in the civilian labor force in 2009.
Women veterans earned $32,217 in 2005, more than the $27,272 earned by female civilians with no military experience.
Male veterans earned $42,128 in 2005, more than the $39,880 earned by male civilians with no military service.
Female veterans were more likely to work 35 hours or more each week and more than 3 times as likely to work in public administration, compared with non-veterans.
Veterans owned 2.4 million (9%) of the 27.1 million businesses the Census Bureau surveyed in 2007.
happy veterans day facts about Veterans’ Income, Education, and Disability
- Veterans earned a median income of $35,402 in 2009. But in 2008, figures showed 5.7% of veterans lived in poverty.
- A quarter of veterans 25 and older held at least a bachelor’s degree. 92% of that age group held at least a high school diploma, compared with 85 percent of the general population.
- 5.5 million veterans had a disability when surveyed in 2009.
- Veterans More Likely to Vote
- 15.8 million veterans voted in the 2008 presidential election. That’s 71% of all veterans, compared with 63% of non-veterans.
- 14 million veterans voted in the 2006 congressional election. That’s 61% of all veterans, compared with only 46% of civilians with no military service.
you may also like to see the following to celebrate the veterans day
- Veterans Day falls around the same time as Remembrance Day and Armistice Day in different nations.
- World War I formally finished on November 11th, at the 11th hour. It is likewise the 11th month.
- Initially, when known as Armistice Day, it was intended to respect the individuals who kicked the bucket in World War I, yet when it was corrected in the mid 1940s, it was changed to respect all the veterans who have served in the U.S. military.
- Veterans Day is infrequently mistaken for Memorial Day, however Memorial Day respects the individuals who kicked the bucket while serving in the military and Veterans Day respects every one of the individuals who have served in the U.S. military, alive and expired.
- Raymond Weeks, a World War II veteran from Alabama, thought of the thought in 1945 to respect all veterans on November 11th, not simply the ones who had lost their lives in World War I.
- Raymond Weeks was given the Presidential Citizenship Medal from Ronald Reagan in 1982. Raymond Weeks drove the festival from 1947 until 1985 when he kicked the bucket.
- In 1971, Veterans Day was moved to be the fourth Monday in October. In 1978 it did a reversal to being November 11th.
- In 1954 the National Veterans Award was made, additionally in Alabama.
- Veterans Day, celebrated on November 11th, is both a state and government occasion in the United States.
- Every year on Veterans Day there is a function held in Arlington Cemetery to respect all who have passed on in war.
- There are roughly 24 million veterans living today.
- There were roughly 400,000 individuals from the United States military slaughtered amid World War II.
- On Veterans Day there are various parades held over the United States, and numerous talks given.
- In 1921, on November 11th, an American officer was covered at Arlington Cemetery. His personality was obscure and in that capacity, his gravesite is known as the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. On November 11th a wreath is laid on the grave amid a function. It is laid by the president or by a high-positioning individual from the legislature.
- In 2011 it was evaluated that more or less 8.1% of veterans in the United States are ladies.
- Give or take 35% of the veterans living today served in the United States military in the Vietnam War.
- By and large, the individuals who have served in the military in the United States, including men and ladies, gain more than the individuals who have not served.
- There shouldn’t be a punctuation in Veterans Day. Still, some spell it Veteran’s Day or Veterans’ Day.
don’t forget to share these amazing happy veterans day facts 2021 with your family, friend and veterans to make the veterans day more blissful for all of us.